Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tempting Tuesdays ~ Braided Calzone


This recipe was inspired by a picture I found on my Facebook feed. No recipe was attached so I just shot from the hip and tried it out. It worked out better than I ever could imagine. So easy and delicious.

Ingredients

1 can pizza dough
1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese (I used an Italian Blend)
Pepperoni and any other filling of your choice
1 egg for egg wash



Roll out pizza dough on baking tray or pizza stone. Use kitchen scissors to snip sides to make your braid pieces.



Spread sauce down the middle of the dough.



Add pepperoni or any other meat or veggies that you would like.



Sprinkle cheese on top.



Carefully place strips over the center to cover the filling by alternating the sides one by one.



Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with any seasoning you choose. I added a little garlic salt on this one.

Cook in 375 degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn.



Enjoy piping hot!





No comments:

Post a Comment