Saturday, June 8, 2013

Author 2 Author review - Allie Jean on Sophie Davis



Talented - When Talia Lyons was just a child, her parents were murdered before her eyes. Offered a choice between accepting their fate and exacting revenge, Talia trains to become one of the country’s deadliest assassins in order to kill the man responsible for their deaths: Ian Crane. Luckily, Talia was born with a gift- the ability to read and influence the minds of others. At sixteen, Talia is poised to graduate from the McDonough School for the Talented, where she learned to control her abilities. Now there is only one obstacle standing between her and the retribution she craves... Talia herself.
Caged - Agency Director McDonough has asked Talia to go undercover at the School for the Talented, to find the spy who set the trap for her in Nevada, Talia jumps at the opportunity. As Talia becomes more entrenched in her assignment, she quickly learns the lengths that the Agency and Mac will go in the name of war. With Crane’s influence spreading, Talia learns that there are few Operatives without ties to the Coalition. Forced to face hard truths and dangerous conclusions, Talia realizes that it is those closest to her who are hiding the biggest secrets. As the task of finding the traitor becomes more problematic, desperation and frustration rule Talia’s world. It becomes clear that Talia can’t do this alone. But who can she trust, when everyone around her is lying?
Hunted ~ In need of a distraction, Talia agrees to serve as an administrator for the annual Talent Aptitude Tests. She soon learns it isn't the children who are tested she needs to worry about, it’s the ones who aren't. Life altering choices will be made. Loyalties will be tested. When the war begins, which side will Talia choose?


Where do I even begin with this series??? I am so completely enraptured with it. The whole concept fits right up my alley – tough badass chick with some baggage, but don’t tell her about it or she’ll kick your ass!

LOVE. IT!


Sophie  DavisTalented

It is not often you see an awesomely written book that has to explain a world that is different from ours and does it well. Meaning, that it makes sense, the reader can easily follow the paths that lead the world to the state it is in, AND it’s plausible. This book set up the series perfectly, with the right amount of action, romance, and mystery to keep us involved.


The relationships in this book are both real and relatable. I could see myself in Talia’s place, especially when she finds herself in a horrible, mind-numbing situation with her boyfriend that made me want to jump through the pages of the book and kick his ass for her. Good thing she took care of business on her own. Another reason why I flove the girl!


Amazing book, awesome plot and storyline. Some mistakes but I’ve been assured that those are being addressed by the author. All-in-all, I highly recommend the book.

Caged (Talented Saga, #2)
Caged

In this part of the story, the plot line takes a bit of a turn. There’s a spy among them and it’s Talia’s job to figure out who it is. The romantic relationships in it takes another twist as well, while Talia is left trying to deal with her haywire emotions.

I do have to say that I wanted to strangle Mac, the Director, who is both Talia’s pseudo-father and boss by the end of this book. He oversteps his boundaries in so many stinking ways that it’s aggravating, and I wanted to scream in protest on the behalf of our heroine! Although he seems to really care for Talia, something about him set my teeth on edge in this book, and I believe that was intended by the author, so kudos for pissing me off! LOL!

I won’t go into too many details about the plot because I don’t want to spoil the awesomeness for everyone else, but the romantic development in this one had me craving for more, shouting in victory, and grumbling in annoyance when Mac laid the proverbial chastity belt on it. Argh!


Hunted (Talented Saga, #3) Hunted

Holy Be-jezus!!!!

What a great book! It picked up right where Caged left off and took us on a wild ride, where Talia’s world has literally been turned upside down! Any suspicions and questions I had in the first two books were substantiated in this book and then some. I was left with my mouth hanging open and clawing at the sheets when it ended.

I have – and I’m not ashamed to admit this – begged the author for book #4.

It’s. That. Good!

I can’t really say much else without spoiling anything, which I REFUSE to do. All I will say is that this series is amaze-balls!

Pick it up. Go! Now!!!
 And as an added incentive, Talented is
FREE for a limited time! So hurry!!!


For more information and Sophie and her books, visit http://www.sophiedavisbooks.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment