Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tempting Tuesdays ~ Homemade Cheese Crackers


Since I have started finding recipes for things I would usually buy already made, I have found some real gems. In my search for a Cheez-It like cracker recipe, I stumbled upon this recipe from love, pomegranate house. These are easy and delicious. A great homemade snack.

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded cheese (I used my favorite combo of Colby and Monterey Jack)
1 cup flour (Can use all purpose gluten free flour to make gluten free)
3-4 tbsp water


Mix butter, salt, and cheese together until combined.


Add flour and mix until combined. It will be very crumbly at this point. This is where you dig in with your hands and form the dough into a ball.


Wrap dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Once cool, divide in half. Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into squares. If you feel so inclined, take a toothpick and make a little hole in the center of each square.


Place each square on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees for 13-17 minutes.

*The original recipe says this will fill two baking sheets. Every time I have made this recipe, I have filled at least three if not four baking sheets.







The first time I made this recipe, I could have sworn I was eating Cheez-Its. Now when I bake them, they taste even better than the store bought treats. Give them a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment