Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tempting Tuesdays ~ Rocky Road Cookies


I'm bringing my obsession with marshmallows and chocolate to a close with the most amazing recipe.  I know my favorite ice cream flavor is hands down Rocky Road. Chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts all in a creamy concoction. Now, I can have my favorite treat in cookie form and so can you thanks to this recipe I found Amandeleine.com.

Ingredients

3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 extra large egg whites
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2.5 ounces of sliced almonds (pecans or walnuts work too)
1 cup mini marshmallows

Recipe makes approximately 24 cookies


Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line two cook sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.

In a large bowl, sift together powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt.


Add egg whites, vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts and blend well.


Drop portions by the spoonful onto prepared cookie sheets and press 3 to 5 marshmallows on the top of each one. Then place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the marshmallows so they don't spread too much while baking.


Bake for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let cookies sit for about 5 minutes before placing on rack to cool.

These will be gooey when warm and that is the best way to eat them. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment