Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tempting Tuesdays ~ Paula Deen's Lemon Bars


This week it is time to use some lemons! I love the smell of freshly squeezed lemon juice. With this recipe, I only squeezed 2 lemons, but it was enough to make my house smell wonderful for the entire day.

Originally, this recipe is from Paula Deen, but I found it on Only From Scratch. I'm so glad I did. Most of the time if the family want lemon bars, we just grab a boxed mix. These are so much better when made this way.

Ingredients

For the crust:
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
Pinch of salt

For the filling:
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I got this much from 2 medium sized lemons)








Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch casserole dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray or grease with butter.



For the crust, whisk flour, powdered sugar, and salt together. Cut in the butter with your fingers or a fork until crumbly.



Press mixture into your prepared dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool slightly.



While the crust is baking, make the filling. Mix eggs, sugar, and flour with a fork. Add lemon juice and mix.



I just stick a fork in half of a lemon and move it up and down while I squeeze out the juice. It's easy and all you need is a fork, a lemon, and a bowl.



Pour filling over the crust and bake for 25 more minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool completely.

Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Lift out of the pan and cut into pieces. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment