Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tempting Tuesdays ~ Skillet Honey Butter Buns


I don't know about all of you, but I'm a sucker for a good Honey Bun. When I stumbled across Oh, Bite It's Recipe for Skillet Honey Butter Buns, I knew I had to try it and share it with all of you.

What you'll need:

Cake:

9 inch cast iron skillet or 9 inch cake pan

1 Box of White or Yellow Cake Mix

3 Eggs

1/3 Cup of Honey

1 Cup of Water

2 Tbsp of melted butter


The Glaze:

1 Cup of Powdered Sugar

1 Tbsp of Melted Butter

1 Tbsp of Honey

1 Tbsp of Water

Directions:


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and pull out your mixing bowls to get started.




To make your cake batter, combine cake mix, water, honey, eggs, and melted butter. Mix and pour into a cast iron skillet or cake pan.


Tip: When using a cast iron skillet, make sure it is very clean. I know the reason for a cast iron skillet is to keep the flavor of your last cooking adventure in tact. In this case, you might not want your cake to taste like last night's Chicken Fried Steak. If you feel you can't get your skillet clean enough or don't want to mess with it, using a greased cake pan is perfectly acceptable.


Place your cake in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.


Now to mix up your glaze, combine powdered sugar, honey, melted butter, and water. If it turns out too thick for your liking, you can add more water. I ended up adding another tbsp of water.


When your cake is done, drizzle your glaze over the top and add a few pats of butter.

















Slice it up and serve warm. So D E L I C I O U S !



No comments:

Post a Comment